Posted on02 May 2010.
Anybody can apply for AdSense program but google does not approve all the applications. Google is very strict in their approval process so webmasters should be careful before applying for a publisher ID. Google does not disclose their approval process but from experience and research I have compiled some guidelines that will improve your chances of getting approved a lot. This post discusses the overview of the process, if you want to check out details of any area you have to refer to other articles in the website. For step by step AdSense information, please visit:http://www.adsensehome.com/lessons/
1. Concept of your website
First and foremost read google adsense policies. Conceive your website with Google’s Policies
2. Find out a topic
look for a topic which is of your interest. An easy way to find a topic of your interest is, what are the things or tasks that make you forget the track of time? Make a list of few such topics. One resource that can help you to find out the areas of your interest is, What color is your parachute,
by Richard Nelson Bolles.
3. Do Keyword research on your topic
You may have your interest in a topic but the question is are other people interested in your topic area. You will be able to make money from the adsense only if you have traffic on your website. Your topic area should have at least following elements in it:
• Topic should be of your interest
• Select a topic around the keywords that have high search volume and low competition.
• keywords should have commercial value. Type your keywords in the google search. Do you see AdWords ads on the right side of the search results page. If there are not enough ads, your topic is not commercial enough. You will get paid for the adsense ads if there are AdWords ads available for the keywords.
4. Create a website
Register a domain name in your name with your correct information. Create a website. Following elements in your website enhance your chances of approval:
• Professional look: You don’t have to create a piece of art but it should have professional look.
• Easy Navigation: Your website should be user friendly. Visitors should be able to find content they are looking for easily.
• Site behavior: As per googles guidelines, you may not redirect users to unwanted websites, initiate downloads, include malware or contain pop-ups etc.
• Competitive ads and services: you can not place competitive ads on your website. For details refer to google policies.
• Blogger Blog: Don’t want to create a website now, create a blog on blogger. Some people also have opinion that it is easy to get approved for adsense if you have a blog on blogger and apply through that blog.
5. Create content
Like we discussed before, if the topic is of your interest, you will enjoy creating content. The result, the content will be interesting, original and inspiring. Create content for solving peoples problems. Imagine the profile of your visitor, what kind of solutions my typical visitor is looking for? Give them solutions, solve their problems, they will love to visit your site again and again. How much content is enough? Different people have different opinions, but I would suggest at least 50 high quality posts and some traffic to your website.
Google does not say that your website should have traffic to get approved, gut it is recommended that before your apply, your website should have some traffic. How to get traffic, is a big topic. For details refer to http://www.adsensehome.com/lessons/
Now verify your website complies with all of the google’s terms of service. If any changes are required, do them first and apply for google’s Adsense account.
8. Bottom line
The bottom line is Google don’t want to approve inferior sites for their ads. Your website should be professional looking, with high quality content. If you enjoy a topic all of this becomes a interesting journey. You enjoy working on your website and at the same time you get paid for it.
I hope this was useful to you. Your feedback is very important to me. Please leave a comment. To get step by step AdSense Information and instructions, I recommend my adsense guide, it is totally free.
Link To This Post
If you liked this post, this means we have something in common. Share this with the readers of your website. They will like it also.
If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!